MRI Caring Suite
GE® Optima MRI with Caring Suite at CRHS
At Columbus Regional Healthcare System, we believe in healing with care by not only providing the treatments you need, but creating the best patient experience possible.
That’s why we’ve invested in a top-of-the-line GE® Optima MRI with Caring Suite. Equipped with Silent Scan Technology and a wide-bore design, you can feel at ease knowing that the technician is able to see and hear you at all times. Undergo feet-first scanning without feeling confined while you control the testing environment including the color, music, and even the scenery displayed on the above-head monitor. You can “visit the beach” while getting your MRI. The best in MRI technology and comfort is right here.
Exceptional technology that’s designed with the patient in mind. It’s just one more reason why Columbus Regional Healthcare System is #morethanahospital.
The Caring MRI Suite features:
- A wide, brightly-lit 70 cm bore, or tunnel, which can help lessen anxiety for patients who tend to be claustrophobic
- Flexible foam coils that embrace your body and make you more comfortable
- Foam padding and a comfort tilt table to minimize pressure points and reduce movement during a scan
- Feet-first scans, allowing you to maintain eye contact with the technician and eliminating the need to be repositioned during the scan
- “Silent System” technology that greatly reduces the noise level made during scans
- Shorter scan times
- Improved image quality so the physician can provide a more accurate diagnosis
- Scan options for patients with decreased renal function or implants
- Enhancements such as ambient lighting, video and music to personalize your MR experience.
Personalizing the MRI Experience
The jewel of our Caring Suite is the sight, sound and touch technology designed to give you more control over your environment and ease your mind while undergoing the procedure.
When you arrive at CRHS for an MRI procedure, our technologists will help you create an environment suitable to your preferences. You will be able to listen to music and view scenery projected on the ceiling video display as the procedure progresses.
Before entering the suite, you will be given an iPad and with one or two clicks, you will be able to choose between 16 theme combinations of mood-lighting, visual scenery and musical backgrounds. Perhaps you enjoy beach or other nature scenes, sports views, jazz music or soft-blue lighting. There is sure to be something among the themes that will make it seem less like an exam room and more like a warm beach on the coast of the Carolinas. If none of these options suite your tastes, you can even bring and use your own music, photo slideshows, podcasts or video on a compatible* personal device.
We’re here to help.
We know you may have questions about our new technology and about MRI procedures. Our certified MR technologists will be glad to answer those questions or provide more information. If your doctor requests an MRI exam for you, we will happy to explain how the procedure is performed here at CRHS and what you can expect during your procedure.
*Compatible devices include: iPhone 4s, 5s and 6s, any iPad including mini and iPod Touch 4th and 5thgeneration.