Donayre Cancer Care Center
At Donayre Cancer Care we work hard every day for members of our community who have been diagnosed with cancer.
Our patients receive:
- Chemotherapy close to home. Nurses and staff are trained in the specialized areas of oncology and chemotherapy, skilled in IV medication and fluids, as well as patient monitoring (i.e.: blood counts, symptoms, medications)
- An in-house pharmacy that mixes drugs on site, prevents delays in delivery and supports the safe and timely administration of chemotherapy drugs
- Access to clinical trials
- Supportive medication, including the use of growth factors and blood transfusions to help build a patient’s general health
- Nursing and social service support for patient counseling to help patients cope with the personal and financial stressors caused by cancer and the treatment of cancer
- Nutritional and spiritual counseling
Support Group Meetings
Donayre Cancer Care Center, in conjunction with CRHS, offers support in the form of Columbus Cancer Champions Support Group. Support group meetings cover a variety of topics oriented on improving cancer patients’ well-being physically and mentally. Each meeting is hosted by a medical professional and is open to patients, family members and others who have been affected by cancer.
Support group meetings are posted on our News and Events page, in the Upcoming Events column, as they occur. Meetings are free to attend, and are typically held in the CRHS Administration Conference Room.
Call (910) 641-8220 to register for support group meetings ahead of time.
Past Support Group Topics
*Click on images below for larger view.
Vitamins & Supplements, Mindful Meditation